Asia 2020 Update
As you are aware, in recent months the Coronavirus has had a severe impact all across Asia. On Friday, February 7th, the government of Singapore elevated its DORSCON level to Orange – recommending that any non-essential large-gathering events be postponed. As of February 17th, there were 77 confirmed cases of Coronavirus within Singapore. The MAG’s highest priority is the health and safety of all of our event attendees. With that in mind, we have made the decision to postpone our inaugural MAG Asia event originally scheduled in March to August 24 and 25th at the Fairmont Singapore.
What You Need to Know:
- New Event Details: August 24th and 25th (1.5 days) at the Fairmont Singapore
- Registration: Registration will re-open in May. If you had previously registered for the event, you will need to re-register.
- Hotel: If you had made a hotel reservation at the Swissotel, it has automatically been canceled and there is nothing you need to do at this time.
We are excited and inspired by your enthusiasm for this event and the outpouring of support it generated. Ensuring merchants have a voice in the payments industry is our goal – and we have been energized to carry that forward on a global scale. We look forward to seeing you in August.
The Merchant Advisory Group (MAG) Asia 2020 conference is a one and a half-day event designed specifically to address the merchant’s efforts to move payment acceptance practices forward in the region. This inaugural event will take place on August 24th & 25th in Singapore at the Fairmont Singapore Hotel.
- NETWORK – MAG brings together merchants from all different verticals to collaborate and share knowledge on hot topics in the payments industry. Meet your merchant counterparts and service providers to move your business forward and solve real-world problems you’re facing in payment acceptance.
- DEEP DIVE into current industry topics that your business peers across the retail community are grappling with where you can discuss strategies and practices for applying tools in today’s rapidly changing payments environment.
- LEARN from industry experts that provide the latest insights and innovative uses of new payment technologies through panel and keynote sessions, as well as networking opportunities with exhibitors at this in-person event.
- Each merchant company receives three complimentary registrations
- Additional merchant attendees beyond the complimentary registrations are USD395 per person
- You must be a MAG Asia 2020 Contributing Sponsor to attend this event as a sponsor. A MAG staff member will provide a customized promo code to each contributing sponsor for use to register.
- Each MAG Asia 2020 Contributing Sponsor receives three complimentary registrations
- Additional attendees beyond the complimentary registrations are USD495 per person
*Registrations will open in late May
Who is the MAG?
- The MAG’s purpose is to drive positive change and innovation in the payments industry that serves the merchant’s interests through collaboration, education, and advocacy.
- The MAG represents 150 of the largest U.S. merchants which account for over $4.4 Trillion on annual sales at over 450,000 locations across the U.S. and online. Roughly $3.9 Trillion of those sales and over 113 billion card payments are electronic which represents approximately 59% of total U.S. card volume.
The MAG has a small room block reserved for the nights of Aug 23rd and 24th at the Fairmont Hotel which is where MAG Asia 2020 will be held. The discounted room rate is $250 SGD which includes breakfast and complimentary guest room internet. Click here to book your rooms.