Do you have a Picasso at home?
Does your child like playing with colours?
Did you know introducing your children to the wonderful world of Arts & Crafts helps develop their Social & Communication skills, as well as nurture their inner Talents & Passions.
Above all, its a lot of fun! So let your child’s creative juices burst forth by bringing them for the:
“Young Dreamers Arts Festival”
31st August 10.00AM-3PM
Estoril Court Clubhouse, Mid Levels
Last year the Arts Festival was attended by nearly 100 kids who participated in creating artwork based on the theme Healthy Hong Kong. This year the theme is Sustainable Hong Kong where we want to teach children about Saving our Environment and the importance of the 3Rs Recycle Reuse Reduce through creating art and attending workshops on sustainability and it’s impact on the earth now and in the future.
Art competition will be held for three different age groups 2-4 years (colouring competition), 5-7 years & 8-10 years. Children will use there imagination through any form of art and medium of colours, to express their thoughts and views about sustainability and environment. The competition will be judged by well known artists/art teachers. 3 Winners will be chosen in all three age groups. And all children will receive Certificate of Participation.
BEST OUT OF WASTE COMPETITION
Best out of Waste competition will provide kids to express their ideas creatively. This competition is for the age group 5-7yrs and 8-10yrs. Kids are required to make Best out of Waste using any media (2D/ 3D) to exhibit their artistic skill. This activity will be carried out at home and kids are required to bring their models on the day of the EVENT. Our Guest Judges will judge the competition based on most creative idea, material used and the usability of the model and will declare 2 Winners will be selected from each group.
Let your children go green, and be creative! In this interactive workshop, kids will learn to use recycled material to create artwork which they can take home. Our sustainability experts will also give them a talk on how to eliminate waste and protect the environment! Aim is to make the kids feel empowered to contribute to the health of the environment and also influence people around them. (All materials for the workshop will be provided).
Parenting can be frustrating and lacking in joy at times. How much discipline should we apply to inculcate good habits and good values? How hard should we push our children to help them realize their maximum potential? Perhaps the answers are within us but our minds are too clouded by thoughts & emotions to see them. In this mindful parenting talk, you will learn to apply mindfulness to gain clarity in your minds and put the joy back into parenting.
PARENT & CHILD ACTIVITY
There’s nothing more valuable than the quality time you spend with your children. And working together builds a sense of trust, patience, and deeper understanding of each other, strengthens your bond and makes for the best memories. Let’s use this opportunity to create something together & teach children about sustainability. A variety of materials will be provided to the parent-child team to make something useful out of scrap, as the clock is ticking!
Registration Fee (includes all the above activities):
Early Bird Fee: HKD 120 per child (for limited time only)
Regular Fee: HKD 180 per child
** Free Entry for Parents & Caretakers
** Kindly fill in two separate form if you are registering more than one child.
A Unique experience for the whole family
Come and join us in this fun-filled family day and inspire your young ones to save the environment and make this world a better place to live in.
Please note the following:
- For Art Competition (Age Group 5-7 & 8-10) – Children will be provided with A3 sheets.
- For Age Group 2-4yrs colouring sheets will be provided
- All children need to bring their own colours/pens/pencils etc for the Art Competition.
- For Best out of Waste Competition the kids will make the model at home using 2d / 3D media and bring it on the day of the event. You are required to take short videos will making your model and send us via Email / We transfer/ Google drive by 15th August.
- For Crafts Workshop – All materials will be provided.
- Food & Drinks are available for purchase from stalls.
- Only Registered children will be given the goody bag & certificate.
- Parents will not be allowed in the main drawing hall while the competition is going on.
- Children will not be provided with grace time to finish their art work
- Judges decision will be final.
- No Cancellation or refund.
- Event program & timing are subject to change without prior notice.
- Photos & data collected on the event day may be used for marketing of future events.
- By registering to this event you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to above terms & conditions.